Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Step Backward Today

It is about 11:30 and I have been in the room with Dave for about an hour and a half so far, the nurse is allowing me to stay for a longer period today because he is not doing well. He is really sick to his stomach today and has been vomiting of and on and you can imagine the pain that is causing him with his incision.

When they inserted the pump they put it in the left ventricle because that was the sluggish side, the right side seemed to be doing better then the left through this whole ordeal. This morning very early the right side seemed to like having the "pressure" off itself, if you will, and so it decided to simply start giving up functioning on its own. The pump on the left side is keeping the blood flowing so that is a good thing, but the right side is not performing well at all. Dave has been in VTAC and in Sinus Rhythm several times throughout the morning due to that right side. The doctors have been trying to control this with more medication and they are adjusting his electrolytes as well. They also turned down the pump flow to see if that will help as well.

Yesterday they took about a liter of fluid off and that can also have an effect on his body as well, so we are just hoping he turns around the bend soon.

3 comments:

  1. Still praying! I remember the pain meds making me really sick to my stomach in the hospital so I pray that is what is going on with David and that they can control it. Hang in there, God is there and doesn't forget his promises. Love you all, Pastor Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    You are in my prayers! God is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey David! I just want you to know that I've been praying for you and thinking about you and your family a lot. I hope to see you soon!
    Love in Christ,

    Melody Henderson

    ReplyDelete