Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February 3rd, 2009

So day one of waiting has begun, it could be a short wait or it could be a long wait. I have switched my prayers off of his healing today to prayers of comfort for the family that will give us this gift. I firmly believe, and have shared this with David, that this person who will give us this gift has been handpicked by God and that was their sole purpose in life. I believe that person was chosen to grow and protect that heart for our Dave. How awesome a chore, if only I could be so lucky to have that be my calling.

He is doing better today, eating a bit, and all of that. He is still very pale and not 100%, but doing better. He is officially on the transplant list and today he is on the 2nd highest status (1b), but tomorrow they will be inserting a central line into his neck so that they can accurately read his heart pressures, and by doing that he will be bumped to the top of the list(1a). He is not looking forward to the procedure or the fact that afterwards he will not be able to get out of bed at all. But the total end result will be worth it.

Yesterday he was feeling pretty grouchy and all of this time in the hospital has started wearing on him and he is beginning to feel very closed in. He has spent 18 days in the hospital so far and before that he was in the ships hospital for 9 days, so he is done being stuck in a hospital. He has a ways to go though as they are keeping him here for the duration. Please pray for his comfort during this time and that he will feel more patience and ease. He needs something to take his mind off all of this and my mind has started drawing a big old blank, I am tired too! HEHE

He also got 3 cards in the mail today, one from G&G Witt (thank you!) and then 2 from other Navy Moms out there that we don't even know. Just the thought of many people praying for him around this country and out is so heart warming to me. Thank you to those who are sending him stuff and posting messages, it is doing all of our hearts good!!

2 comments:

  1. Doug and Bronwyn,

    I am praying for peace and comfort for you all, and the donor family. My heart aches for your situation, yet I know how Mighty our God is!! He is where our strength comes from! Phil 4:13.

    God Bless, Kim Bayer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first of all wanted to let you know that I miss the whole Kennedy family very much! I am so sorry to hear about all of this and wanted to let you know that me and my family have been praying for you since the first day we found out!
    Dave I have always been envious of the amazing relationship that you had with God, I always looked up to you as an amazing Christian and strived for the faith and relationship that I saw that you had with God. You are one the most amazing guys I have ever met. I always admired how you were true to yourself and your beliefs. I hope that you start to feel better cuz I can only imagine how much John and Claire miss playing with you! And I know everyone else misses you and cant wait to see you up and at it again! So I hope u get better real soon and I will continue to pray for you and your ongoing strength.
    Bronwyn as lucky and blessed as you are to have Dave in your life, Dave is equally as blessed to have you! You are an amazing mother, and have a hug caring heart! There isn’t a better person that could be sitting by Dave’s side everyday. You are a women full of strength and I pray that God continues to give you the strength to be Dave and Doug’s rocks through all of this! And if you ever need someone to talk to I hope u know I am just a phone call away! You could even take a break from all of this and we could discuss how amazing that scrapbook cutter is!
    Love and miss you both!

    ReplyDelete