Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some Progress.....

I don't know if I will post again today, as I am getting tired and I just left Dave's side so he can take a nap. I will probably only stay until 5pm or so tonight because he really needs rest and I am hoping he gets a lot today.

The adjustments they made to the meds and other things seem to be working really well, he hasn't had any problems with his heart rate and such since this morning. So it seems that is all under control at this point. Other then that he is really loopy and sick to his stomach, and I know that is from the constant dose of pain meds. I remember the feeling he is describing quite well from my surgery last Oct and it is exactly how I felt on day 3 of the same meds that he is on. I keep telling him to hang in there and that feeling will pass, but it is so hard for him because he has never had to be on anything like this so it is hard for him to comprehend. His speech is the same today as yesterday, maybe a bit worse because of the pain meds. He will make strength progress I am sure everyday.

Something that the social worker told me today that I never thought of before is this. Dave has been seriously ill since this has all began, but for the last 4 weeks he hasn't really felt ill, with the exception of a few days here and there. So this has got to be tough on his mind and body to finally feel ill and finally need help and to show weakness. He doesn't like that and he doesn't like feeling this way, and she really put that into perspective for me.

Unless something major happens today I will sign off saying TTFN!!

2 comments:

  1. hi Dave this Faith again! (you know Alycia Elissague's little sister). I heard of your stomach aches.I just wanted you to know that God is with you every step of the way.God will never leave you. There is a verse that says do not fear for I the Lord God is with you!And remember there is sooo many people that are praying for you. So all prayers I pray that God will make you complealy healed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey David,
    I'm Praying for you every day, I love you man, and hope to see you soon!!

    RJ Prestwich

    ReplyDelete