Friday, March 6, 2009

March 6th, 2009

Home again, home again... AAAHHHH.... I am home for 3 glorious days. Doug will head up to Stanford on Saturday and has decided to stay until Monday so I can catch my breath and just take a break for a bit. We can't do 3 day runs like this all the time because of his work schedule, but when it works out, it will be really nice. I can't wait, already it feels so good to be home. The house is a total mess, the kids are crazy, the cat is sleeping in my suitcase, the dogs are happy to see me, there is laundry to do, and it just feels like home. I wouldn't settle for anything less at this point!

Last night at the hotel my mom insisted on making me a home cooked meal, and I am glad she did. It was so yummy to have steak, potatoes, salad, and a yummy banana cream pie for dessert. We sat around and laughed, joked, talked and really enjoyed ourselves for the evening. My brother and pop enjoyed the workout room and the jacuzzi and we all "skyped" the kids and Doug so we could say hi as well as see them last night. I love modern technology and all that we can do with it, the fact that I can see my kids every night before bed on this "web cam" is so awesome. It was a great end to an evening last night and I was sad to see them all go this morning, but it was just what the Lord knew that I needed.

Today when we got to the hospital, Dave was sleeping, but when he woke he said he felt much better then he did even yesterday. My parents and brother said goodbye which was hard for all of us and then we just relaxed for a bit. While I was getting ready to head out, my stepmother and baby brother Ricky showed up for a visit. We knew they were coming and it was perfect timing since I was getting ready to leave. Dave was excited for more visitors and he and my brother Rick are really close, so he had been looking forward to the visit. We all visited for a bit before I headed out because I had promised the kids I would pick them up from school, I barely made it! HAHA

I hate that we have no way of talking to Dave when we aren't there, but I have confidence that they would call us if anything were to go awry. Today I really felt ok with leaving because all 3 of our "girls" were working, Kim, Kiana, and Sarah:) So I knew he was in good hands all day long, because even though none of them were his nurse today, they all take turns coming in and checking on him. It is so great to have such a wonderful support system there, I still can't believe how wonderful they all have been. I also found out this week that this will be the same ICU that he will go into after the transplant, and that is oh so comforting to know that we will be with the same people and workers after that surgery.

So I am off to put my kids to bed and enjoy the next 3 days of mommy time with them. I will still post as I hear from Doug, and anything else silly that comes to mind, or random thoughts like I have been known to do. Thank you again for all of your prayers and support, they mean so much to all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for family! We're praying that David and Doug have some sweet time together and that you and the kids have some silly fun! God bless ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear David, I wish each one of use could take a day and let you be free from the hospital.. By the time you leave Stanford you will be stronger than anyone in patience. This will mean that you can outlast us in just about anything... We are all so proud of you... Please know that even though we cannot be in your place we would gladly trade you... Love you so much.Chris uribe

    ReplyDelete