Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 5th, 2009

I am happy to report that Dave had a fantastic day today! Tell you what, this one drug that they give him through the IV is like night and day for him. I noticed it the first time they put him on it when we were down stairs in the CCU and I have noticed it now this week again. He was smiling and laughing at something on the Internet that one of the nurses sent him via email this morning when I got there, and that was the first time I saw him actually laugh out loud since he has been in the ICU. I wanted to scoop him up and squeeze him I was so happy!! What a day! Then as an added bonus my mom, step dad (Pop), and brother showed up at 10:30 this morning and he was so thrilled. It was never ending smiles from there on out for the rest of the day, he was so happy to see them all. My brother and pop had him and the nurse laughing all day long with their typical antics and sense of humor and it was such a joy for me to see Dave really enjoying himself.

He felt a little lightheaded when he stood up today so we took a long wheelchair ride down to the atrium and garden with everyone in tow. While at the gardens it started to rain, so we took a seat inside the atrium and the men decided to play some cards for a bit and enjoy the quiet and Dave loved being out of the room and doing something "normal" for a change. We did that for about 30 - 45 min or so before heading back up to the room. We laughed and chatted, enjoyed some popcorn that Greg shared from the nurse break room and just had some great family time.

Greg also arranged for another pet visit, which was fantastic! We had a HUGE dog come and visit today. I do have pictures of that, but I don't have the cord that goes from my camera to the laptop so those will have to wait until tomorrow. However, my brother took his camera on our wheelchair walk/ride and so I was able to get his pictures off of his camera because he had all the attachments!
The men playing cards.

Dave, me, Grandma Deb, Grandpa Doug, and Uncle Matt.

Dave, me and Uncle Matt.

Dave and Uncle Matt

1 comment:

  1. I'm walking on clouds after reading the good news and seeing the great pictures! Hugs for David!

    ReplyDelete