Friday, March 20, 2009

March 20th, 2009

What a nice day today has been! Last night my Aunt Susan drove up from Arroyo Grande to spend the weekend with David. I loved spending some one on one time with her last night and she was excited to see Dave as well. My good friend Apryl talked to Doug and I about how we really needed to spend some time with each other and we needed to spend some time together with the little kids. She told us how it is really easy to let the "sickness" take over our lives. We haven't been all together at home since before all this happened, so when my aunt arrived for the visit she suggested that Doug stay at home this weekend so we could do just that. David liked the idea since he and my aunt get along well and my brother Matt was also driving up for the weekend, and Doug liked the idea as well. So this is our first weekend doing something VERY different since this all began! We shall see how it works out! At least we get to talk to David when we want to, that makes a big difference. When I left today he was getting a foot massage from his Aunt Susan and was in heaven.

I had to take the care giver class today with the transplant nurse, and it was a lot of information on how much David's life really is going to be different from here on out. Especially these next 3 months and how careful we have to be with a lot of things. Things that I would never have even thought of, it was a really informative session and lasted about 2 hours. Then I hightailed it out of there so I could get to John's band concert in time so I wouldn't be voted the worst mom in the world! HAHA

David is getting VERY antsy on getting out of the hospital and I really hope that he can get out on Monday. His tongue was worse today, and that had everyone scratching their heads again, but that is minor in the big scheme of things. His white blood count has also been high each day, but he feels fine so they are watching that just in case. So we are really hoping for a Monday release, although she did tell us that it will be LATE Monday if it is Monday.

I am happy to be home with my kids and Doug, and happy that I get to spend a weekend at home with all three of them. We have a lot of fun things planned and I know that Dave is in really good hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment