Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Weekend Pass

I was so tired yesterday from the very busy weekend that I didn't post, so sorry! We did have a very nice weekend going home and being together as a WHOLE family. We learned a lot about how we really depend on the "Stanford Net" and how different things are going to be when we all go home for good. It was a good practice session overall for all of us and I am glad that we did it. We had some great family time and everyone was really happy to see David. He got to meet some people that have been praying for him and that was special for him and them as well.

Friday night we went out to dinner with some good family friends and just enjoyed being "normal" for an evening, it was really nice. Then David and I went and hung out with my dad for awhile which was really nice and something that I don't get to do very often, so we all really liked that. Saturday my sister Sarah had a BBQ at her house to celebrate the weekend pass and that was a lot of fun to be around all the family. I love my nieces and nephews so much and Dave liked just being there and relaxing. They have a beautiful new house with a pool and it was a great day to be outside so it was a really nice afternoon. Saturday night we all went out to dinner again but this time it was all of the family, both of my sisters and their families, and my dad and stepmother. It was rowdy but a lot of fun and David really enjoyed himself.

Saturday night I already had a previous engagement with some friends so I left and Doug was in charge:) David had his Uncle over and 2 more friends for a computer LAN party. They stayed up through the night playing computer games and I know he really enjoyed himself. He slept most of the day on Sunday before we came home, I had a baby shower to go to, and so after I got home we left.

Overall it was a really nice trip home for the weekend. I do think that he over did it a bit and is a little depressed to have to come back to the homtel, but it was a good experience for all of us and I am really glad that we had the chance to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment