Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April 21st, 2009

We just got back from Physical therapy and David had to laugh at how tired he is! And he said they really didn't do all that much therefore proving how deconditioned his body really is. But he says it feels good to get his body moving again and really start pumping. His therapist for PT is not a slacker at all she works him hard and I can tell it is really doing him some good. I just dropped him off today because I spotted a Joanns down the street, and couldn't resist going in and seeing what they had in the way of Scrapbooking supplies.... hehe. I picked him up though with a good 10 minutes to spare and I could tell by his face that it was a good workout. Now he is pacing around here full of energy, a good work out will do that for ya! I have to laugh because that is a problem he has NOT had in the recent weeks so it is good to see the boy out of bed for a change! I gave him a few "chores" to do and he surprised me by actually doing them! But I suspect the morning will wear on him soon and he will want to take a nap pretty soon here. I actually have a doctor appt for myself this afternoon, so I told him that might be a good time for him to sleep.

I am so proud of him, he has really been trying his best. There has been more then a few times in the last 5 weeks that I have been really worried about him, but in the last couple of days I have really seen a difference. I think talking to the psychiatrist has helped a lot and knowing that he will have that release every week is a good thing for him, plus the anti depressant is probably finally kicking in. The poor guy has so much to work through mentally, physically, and emotionally and I am really proud of him so far. He is such a good kid and really knows how to kick it in gear when it matters.

Dear Lord, thank you again for giving David this awesome second chance at life. Thank you for providing us with the best doctors in the world, thank you for giving them the gifts to help David. Thank you for providing us with friends and family that really want to help David and allowing them to show it on an every day basis with the uplifting emails and messages that they send. Just knowing that you are behind all of this makes every day worth living. I praise you Father in Heaven because through you all things are possible. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Dear David, Please forgive us for not giving you a personal message via the phone or other device for your birthday! Happy Birthday we just want you to know that you were thought of on that day just as you are on every day in between and will continue to be. I always knew you were special even when you were just the sweet, cute, and lovable boy that Ryan was and is friends with. I always had a special feeling about you! God has sent you for great things and the miracle of you just proves it every day. I just wanted to say, "I love you," This family "loves" you! I cannot wait to see what God has planned for you! Chris and Eliott,Ryan and Tori...

    ReplyDelete