Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 18th, 2009

20 years ago today a star was born!! For the first time in many long months I genuinely felt happy today, it was a good feeling to have happiness in my heart, laugh with my son, family and friends like I haven't laughed in a long time, and just really love life. Seeing David full of smiles and fun was all I needed to make it through the day, it was just an awesome day full of God's provisions for us. Many wonderful family members and friends drove in from all over the state to celebrate today, and we started the party late yesterday afternoon and will continue it on into tomorrow afternoon. David is loving every minute of it and when he hugged me tonight and said," thank you, I love you" his words were full of emotion. It was just what he needed and I am so glad the Lord inspired Doug and I to throw this together. We had just an awesome day today! Man I am jazzed right now! Have I said that enough!!!! I will post pictures tomorrow because as jazzed as I am, I am really tired. Throwing a party like this, even though there wasn't a ton of people, still took a lot out of me.

We took all the little ones down to the pool, and all of the adults, including David enjoyed watching all of the children play and splash around. Then afterwards we had an easy dinner provided by TOGOS sandwich shop and Costco :) Easy fixing and easy clean up!! Then we had Sprinkles Cupcakes for dessert, David chose those:) And then it was present time! So many people were so generous to him this year, he was overwhelmed with gratitude! All of my family and friends went in together and got him an IPHONE as well as had his car windows tinted for him. He was very shocked and so happy. He was like a little kid again! Then after that his dad and I presented him with the DVD that I made. The first 5 minutes was all pictures of him growing up to present day with the song "Who am I" by Casting Crowns in the background, then the last 15 minutes were all the videos of well wishes that had been sent in by family and friends! We got tons of them, it was so AWESOME! He was so surprised by all who sent them in and he just sat there amazed. It was truly a great day.

After all of that settled down the younger ones watched a movie upstairs on my bed and us adults played a fun new game together, and of course the men beat the ladies! Oh well!! But Dave had lots of fun and we all just sat there with lots of happiness in our hearts. I am so glad that this day was here and that we are finally living again. That through God's grace David is living again!! Thank you Father in Heaven for providing such an awesome gift of life for our precious boy and making today so wonderful for him, he needed it and deserved it.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID :D, glad you got some awesome gifts, the best of all being life... would love to see the video of you growing up... awesome.. hope you have a great day today celebrating...

    cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I am so grateful for all that God has done in your lives...truly, truly grateful from the bottom of my heart. The joy is bubbling out of me on your behalf. I love all of you. xoxo Michelle

    ReplyDelete