Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20th, 2009

Once again the Lord chose today to test my diligence and faith!! But oh how the Lord is faithful in reminding us that he is there and near to us every step of the way. And how great of a son that I have where he chose to remind me that he loves me very much and he wouldn't have it any other way. I just walked up to him and gave him a big old smacker right on the face!! He of course was totally embarrassed, but come on how can I not just love him to pieces right now. Not only has he told me I am the best mom several times in the last 24 hours, but he continually loves on me and tells me how thankful he is for me. That is all I need to hear! How great is our God to throw he and I together during this time so that we can really bond and learn from each other. As much as I miss my little ones I am learning so much about myself through this whole thing! I am learning how to be a better friend, how to stand up for myself, how to say no, how to set up boundaries, how to talk to people, and how to be a better mother in the end. Life is to short to be walked all over and David and I are both learning that.

David is quite possibly the best kid on this planet in my eyes right now, and I consider it an honor to know him and love him. He has stood up for me and defended me as his mother in more ways then I can count, and I give him major points for that, because he doesn't have to do that, but he does it because he loves me and he wants to do it. That is an honor for me. He is a great kid and I love that he is such a quiet God loving kid. He doesn't want a lot of attention or face, but he just wants to be loved and know that everyone around him is loved. We have had a good day today just him and I. We both had to face some big demons today, but together we overcame them and all will be well in the end, because together with God we can accomplish anything. We have already proven that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment