Monday, June 29, 2009

The Voice of the Lord

So, I have to admit for whatever reason the past few days I have been feeling very spiritually challenged. Not because of the people we are around, because these people are the most God loving people I have ever met, and this household radiates with God's love. But personally I am struggling with an internal battle that I just can't put my finger on. I have my suspicions as to what is causing it, but because I do not want to offend any one, especially my son, I will leave those suspicions to myself. I will say I am feeling very "dishonored" in the biblical sense of parenthood and I have been down on my knees all morning asking the Lord to help resolve those feelings.

A long time ago in a bible study that I attended at our old church one of the older woman told us that she read Psalms every morning. She had this little system that she read them by that correlated with the calendar, and I always thought that was so neat. She had told us that by doing this she was really amazed at how that particular Psalm would fit her day or how it would stay in her mind all day in preparedness for what was going to happen to her. Although I don't do this system every day, and I probably really should, I do it when I am feeling really discouraged or out of sorts. Today I sat down with my bible and an excellent cup of coffee and opened my bible to Psalm 29 (because today is the 29th). I am so thankful we have such an awesome God, because for those of you who don't know what Psalm 29 says here is just a piece of it, I encourage you to look it up today.

"The voice of the Lord is powerful,
the voice of the Lord is majestic,
the voice of the Lord breaks the cedars"
Psalm 29 4-5

"The Lord gives strength to his people,
the Lord blesses his people with peace."
Psalm 29 verse 11

Like I said these are just a few verses, but again I was smacked in the head on how I need to sit quietly and listen to the voice of the Lord, because it is powerful, it is majestic, and more importantly it is so loud and wonderful that it can break the enemy and build up my spirit. The Lord will give strength to me because I am one of his people, and he will bless me with peace today, because he says he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment